Welcome to The Autism Mom Coach podcast!
Do you sometimes feel like your life has been hijacked by Autism? If so, this is the podcast for you. The Autism Mom Coach is the podcast for moms who feel overwhelmed, afraid and sometimes powerless as they raise their child with Autism.
Join me, Lisa Candera, Certified Life Coach, lawyer and (more importantly) full time single mom to a teenage boy with Autism as I share cognitive based tools and trauma informed strategies you can use to feel better now and transform your relationship with Autism and special needs parenting. The truth is Autism is not in charge of your life. YOU are, and you have more power than you think.
To celebrate the launch of the show, I’m giving away self-care packages to three lucky listeners who follow, rate, and review this show. These self-care packages include handmade soaps, soothing lotions, and plenty of other goodies to help you relax and indulge in those moments when you need it most. Enter the podcast giveaway below!
Listen to the first episodes:
- Ep #1: How We Make Parenting Difficult for Ourselves -I’m kicking off episode one by showing you the ways we make life so much harder for ourselves than it really needs to be, and the unhelpful thoughts we have about how to take care of our kids. Plus I’m providing you with one simple but effective tool to use when you’re unsure of how to support yourself and your child in difficult moments.
- Ep #2: Your Child’s Behavior Is Not Personal -Your child’s behaviors are not personal. When you are the person who is being yelled at or smacked, it’s not a nice experience. However, the truth is, we can separate the child we love from the behaviors we don’t, and on this episode, I’m giving you an amazing tool to take yourself out of the equation when it comes to your children’s outbursts.
- Ep #3: Separating Your Child’s Behavior from Your Thoughts – In this episode we’re going to talk about how no matter how hard we try, we can’t control our children’s behaviors. However, we can choose how we want to think about them. That might not sound particularly powerful, but trust me when I say it’s a real gamechanger.
Enter the Podcast Giveaway (Mobile Instructions)
For video instructions on how to enter the podcast giveaway click here
- To enter the giveaway, click here scroll down and fill in your name and email. Then click ‘Enter to Win Now!’
- Click the purple button that says ‘Follow, Rate & Review the Podcast’. This should bring up a pop up with another purple button, click that purple button as well, this will take you to The Autism Mom Coach podcast page in Apple Podcasts
- Tap the ‘+’ on the top right corner to follow the podcast
- Scroll down the page to the ‘Ratings & Reviews’ section. Tap the starts to leave a rating.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Write a Review’ to write your honest review NOTE: Be sure to remember the title of your review, you’ll need it for the next step
- Navigate back to the podcast giveaway page that says “Wait! You’re not done yet…” and enter the title of your review under ‘2 What’s the title of your review?’
- Tap ‘Confirm’ and you’re in!
- Be sure to share the giveaway on your favorite social platforms to earn more points, the 3 people with the most points wins!